During December, kids can “pay” off their fines while helping local families in need by participating in the library’s annual Food for Fines Program.
Here's how it works. If you bring in cans or boxes of food to the Kids' Desk at the Bud Werner Library, we will waive your library fines if you meet the following criteria:
- For overdue fines only (unlimited); no replacement charges
- For kids' and student accounts only listed under child's name (kids are 17 and under)
- For the month of December only (food will not be accepted at the Library before December 1st. Thank you!)
- One can or box = $1.00 waived in fines*
*The following high-need food items (as determined by Lift-Up) will be worth $2.00 in fines waived:
- Hamburger or Chicken Helper (in a box)
- Re-fried Beans
- Taco or Enchilada sauce
- Taco shells in a box
- Gluten—Free Products
- New Toothbrushes or Deodorant
Please bring all food to the Kids’ Desk at the Bud Werner Memorial Library. All food goes to Lift Up Food Bank of Steamboat Springs.