During December, kids can “pay” off their fines while helping local families in need by participating in the library’s annual Food for Fines Program.
How it works:
- For overdue fines only (unlimited); no replacement charges
- For kids' and student accounts only listed under child's name (kids are 17 and under)
- One can or box = $1.00 waived in fines*
- For the month of December only (food will not be accepted at the Library before December 1st. Thank you!)
*The following high-need food items are worth $2.00 in fines waived:
- canned fruit
- canned soups
- spaghetti sauce
- jars of spices
- healthy cereal (no high fructose corn syrup)
Please bring food to the Kids’ Desk at the Bud Werner Memorial Library. All food goes to Lift Up Food Bank of Steamboat Springs.