"Find a Book, Colorado" is a fun and easy tool that allows parents to select books based on a Lexile measure and interests. This free search tool builds custom book lists for readers at all ability levels, and then allows readers to locate selections in the Bud Werner Library's Catalog.
1. Go to www.lexile.com/fab/colorado
2. Enter your child’s Lexile measure. If you don’t know your child’s Lexile measure you can search for books based on his or her comfort with grade-level materials.
3. Have the child pick interest categories.
4. As you browse books, click the “Find in a Library - World Cat” button next to the book titles to check its availability at our library.
5. Add books to the child’s reading list. You can print or email the child’s custom book list.
For more information on Lexile measures, visit www.Lexile.com
Please note: A Lexile measure is a measure of text complexity only. It does not address the subject matter or text quality, age-appropriateness of the content or a reader’s interests. The Lexile measure is one piece of information that you can use when selecting books.