NaNoWriMo is our notorious 50,000-word novel writing effort in November every year. But Steamboat's writers said give us s'more!
Welcome to Camp NaNoWriMo ... a more flexible version of NaNoWriMo. Set your own writing goal (you’re not locked into 50,000 words!), and work on any writing project, novel or not.
- Set a goal, then complete a month-long writing project.
- Track your progress with Camp NaNoWriMo’s cool online tools.
- Rally virtually with the support of your fellow Steamboat campers.
- Free, and 100% fun!
How can I participate in Camp NaNoWriMo?
- To participate, just sign up and announce a project here, then make sure to check “Associate with a NaNoWriMo event”, and select the current Camp NaNoWriMo event: April’s Camp NaNoWriMo.
- Once you’ve done that, you should be ready to start tracking your project!
- Send us a note if you're joining the writerly campout, and we'll send you pep talks to help you along. Just email Adult Programs Coordinator Jennie Lay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you’ve reached your writing goal, the site will automatically confirm your win, and you’ll receive a certificate celebrating your achievement, along with a bunch of other winner goodies!
So....what exactly is Camp NaNoWriMo?
In November each year, the Library sponsors National Novel Writer’s Month (a.k.a. NaNoWriMo), which focuses in on churning out a 50,000-word novel. Camp NaNoWriMo is a more casual virtual writer’s retreat designed for maximum flexibility and creativity. Set your own word-count goals between 30 and 1,000,000 words, then tackle any project you’d like to camp out and pursue. Start a new novel or tackle a revision. Write poetry, essays, personal genealogy tales, memoir, scripts or short stories. Let your creative writing juices run wild at Camp NaNoWriMo! If you've got an appetite for creativity right now, and these are great resources and support for those for whom writing is a source of comfort.