Introduction to Genealogy: A Seminar
- Library Hall
The BWML Genealogy Club, in partnership with Dr. Ted Bainbridge, presents "Introduction to Genealogy: A Seminar".
Designed for the novice genealogist and family history researcher, this seminar will provide an introduction to a variety of topics, including access to genealogy collections/databases, examples of research methods, discussions on discovery, and best practices for preserving genealogy collections.
This day-long event may be attended in full or by session using the agenda below. Anyone that would like to begin researching and documenting their family histories are encouraged to attend. View Seminar Materials
- 9:30 am - 9:45 am: Welcome!
- 9:45 am - 10:15 am: Genealogy Resources at the Bud Werner Memorial Library
- 10:15: am - 11:00 am: 1st Session: “Why Genealogy?: Responsibilities and Rewards”
- 11:00 am - 11:15 am: 1st Break / Technology Assistance
- 11:15 am - 12:00 pm: 2nd Session: “Get ‘Em Hooked!”
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Lunch / Technology Assistance (Lunch will not be provided, but light refreshments will be available)
- 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm: 3rd Session: Demonstrations and Research Examples
- 2:15 pm - 2:30 pm: 2nd Break / Technology Assistance
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm: 4th Session: “Preserving Your Genealogical Collections”
- Conclusion of Seminar
Dr. Ted Bainbridge has been a genealogical researcher, teacher, speaker, and writer since 1969. He often speaks to organizations in Colorado and occasionally speaks in other states. His genealogical and historical articles are published frequently throughout the United States and in several foreign countries. He has served as president of the Longmont Genealogical Society and as a staff member in LDS Family History Centers.
All are welcome to this free event!
If you have any questions, please contact John Major at email@example.com call 970-879-0240, ext. 305.