Historic Agriculture in the Yampa Valley
- Library Hall
A night of storytelling: Longtime perspectives on farming, ranching and agri-business in the Yampa Valley.
A special program in honor of Celebrate Agriculture Week, following up on our wildly successful 2015 and 2016 historic ag storytelling sessions which are now available in the archives at Tread of Pioneers Museum.
Join us for a conversation with locals who have a rich hands-on history of agricultural production in the Yampa Valley. The evening's conversation will include topics as varied as cattle ranching, guiding and outfitting, running a dairy, farming wheat and managing a family ranch.
Meet our 2017 panelists:
- Ray Heid – Routt County Native, Ski Professional, Guide and Outfitter
- Virginia Rossi – South Routt Rancher and Homemaker
- Olive Blake – Family Owned Dairy in Hayden
- Wayne Counts – Multi-Generational Wheat Farmer from Moffat County and Strong Ag Advocate
- The moderator: Marsha Daughenbaugh – Executive Director of Community Agriculture Alliance
Photo courtesy Tread of Pioneer Museum: Cowboy in Hayden