The Steamboat Uke Jammers is a ukulele club of musical enthusiasts who play, or would like to learn to play, the ukulele. It is not a “class,” but a chance to play songs in order to get better at strumming and chord changing. The idea is that you learn the chords at home, and try things out during the jam. Our focus is to HAVE FUN while learning something new, sharing music with each other and socializing. Ages 12 and up.
- Monday Afternoons
- 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Library Hall
- Full Song List
- Friday Afternoons
- 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Conference Room
- Intermediate Song List
Start with our full Song List, it is broken down by the chords we play from easiest to more difficult, and there are links in this document to the music we have scanned for members.
We maintain a Google Drive folder with music, chord charts, song lists and any other supporting documents for this group.
Though we have provided scans - you'll eventually want your own songbook. We play songs out of Hal Leonard's Ukulele Fake Book, make a point to order it from First Strings Music or Off the Beaten Path Bookstore.
Learn to play the Uke from Cynthia Lin's YouTube Tutorials
- Cynthia Lin's YouTube Channel
- Index to Cynthia Lin's Tutorials
- Music to Cynthia Lin's Videos
- How to Strum the Ukulele
- How to Practice Chord Changes
- How to Sing & Play the Uke at that Same Time
- First Lesson - Three Little Birds
- I'm Yours - Picking (Backbeat Strum)
- Stand By Me - Island Strum
- Lion Sleeps Tonight - Chucking Strum
- Somewhere Over the Rainbows - Picking Island Strum
- Riptide - Chucking Island Strum & Island Strum Variation
Other Good YouTube Tutorials
Join the Club
The Steamboat Uke Jammers Club is facilitated by Christel Houston. If you have any questions, please contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org.