The Steamboat Uke Jammers is a ukulele club of musical enthusiasts who play, or would like to learn to play, the ukulele. It is not a “class,” but a chance to play songs in order to get better at strumming and chord changing. The idea is that you learn the chords at home, and try things out during the jam. Our focus is to HAVE FUN while learning something new, sharing music with each other and socializing. Ages 12 and up.
We play songs out of Hal Leonard's Ukulele Fake Book, make a point to order it from First Strings Music or Off the Beaten Path Bookstore. We also love to share music with one another from other sources. Prior to each session we will share a list with our members highlighting our weekly song list.
Sign up for our newsletter to keep up with club activities.
Learn to play the Uke from Cynthia Lin's YouTube Tutorials
- Cynthia Lin's YouTube Channel
- Index to Cynthia Lin's Music & Tutorials
- DoctorUke Website & Songs
- How to Strum the Ukulele
- How to Practice Chord Changes
- How to Sing & Play the Uke at that Same Time
- First Lesson - Three Little Birds
- I'm Yours - Picking (Backbeat Strum)
- Stand By Me - Island Strum
- Lion Sleeps Tonight - Chucking Strum
- Somewhere Over the Rainbows - Picking Island Strum
- Riptide - Chucking Island Strum & Island Strum Variation
Other Good YouTube Tutorials
Join the Club
The Steamboat Uke Jammers Club is facilitated by Christel Houston. If you have any questions, please contact Christel at firstname.lastname@example.org.