Step-by-Step, one-time setup instructions to stream Kanopy Videos on a TV with a Roku, Apple TV, HDMI Cable, or Chromecast
Step 1: Create a Kanopy Account
- Navigate to steamboat.kanopystreaming.com using your preferred browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Click “Continue” at the welcome screen.
- In the upper, right-hand corner click on “Sign up.”
- Follow the prompts to create an account and click on “Sign up.”
- Open your email and search for an email from Kanopy to verify your account.
- Click on the verification link and the email will re-open your browser and ask you for a library card number.
- Once your library card has been validated you will be able to watch movies.
Step 2: Set up TV & Stream Movies
Note: Because each TV setup requires its own set of instructions, please visit Kanopy’s website for detailed instructions.
- Apple TV
- HDMI Cable
- To manually navigate to Kanopy’s help instructions go to https://help.kanopystreaming.com select the For Viewers tab, click on Watching Kanopy on Television (TV), select your TV
Note: Video files can be quite large so make sure to have a good Internet connection before watching. Items return automatically after 3 days (72 hours). There are no overdue fines associated with this service or content. You may check out up to 15 titles through Kanopy per month.