Get a Library Card

Shelf of books with a tablet reader .
Get a library card and unleash the potential of our collection.

Bud Werner Library cards are free and available to all Routt County residents, as well as short term residents and guests. You may register online to expedite your application.  Walk-ins are also welcome. 

Photo identification is required to pick up your permanent card.

Types of Cards

Resident Card

Resident cards are available to Routt County residents and Colorado residents who are library cardholders at their local libraries. You will need the following to obtain a Resident Card:

  1. Photo identification
  2. Current address (if not shown on photo identification); or
  3. Present a valid library card from another library in the state of Colorado

Guest Card

We offer library cards for short term residents and guests. You will need photo identification to obtain a Guest Card:

Request a Library Card