With our online catalog you can place a hold on a title which is on the shelf or on one that is currently checked out to another patron. The only time you cannot place a hold on an item is if it is:
- Cosidered non-circulating by a Marmot member library.
- Part of the Reference collection.
- A non-circulating title used by teachers or library staff.
- If you have an excess of $25.00 in fines.
- Your account is blocked due to lost or damaged materials.
If you place a hold on an item with an on-shelf status, a staff person will retrieve the item the next morning and call you to let you know that the item is waiting for you at the front desk.
Should the title be owned by one of the Steamboat Springs schools, and you wish for it to be delivered to the Bud Werner Memorial Library to be picked up, please allow for at least two days for delivery. Once it has arrived at the Bud Werner Memorial Library a staff person will call to confirm that the book is waiting for you.
If the title is owned by a Marmot member library, it should take no more than a week if the item is on the shelf.
If you do not hear from us within a reasonable amount of time, please call the library at 970-879-0240 to confirm the status of your request.
To place a hold:
- Search the catalog and locate the title you wish to request.
- Click on the link "Place Hold" in the blue box next to the format of the title.
- Login by entering your name in the first box and all 13 digits of your library card in the second box. Click "Continue."
- A drop-down will appear - select your pickup location. Click "Submit Hold Request."
- The computer will then notify you that your transaction was successful or not, or offer further instructions to select an individual title.