Bud Watch Party: Spaceship Earth
- Virtual Event -- Access Info Below
Watch Spaceship Earth
Bud Werner Memorial Library has arranged a special screening opportunity for our patrons to access this brand new documentary for $1.99. You will have a 72-hours window to watch it. After clicking the link above, enter our special promo code STEAMBOAT for $2 off your rental.
About the Film
As the Washington Post says, "What could be more relevant to the coronavirus lockdown than a chronicle of the 20th century’s most famous self-quarantine?" Spaceship Earth is the true, stranger-than-fiction, adventure of eight visionaries who in 1991 spent two years quarantined inside of a self-engineered replica of Earth’s ecosystem called BIOSPHERE 2. The experiment was a worldwide phenomenon, chronicling daily existence in the face of life threatening ecological disaster and a growing criticism that it was nothing more than a cult. The bizarre story is both a cautionary tale and a hopeful lesson of how a small group of dreamers can potentially reimagine a new world.
How to Watch
1. Click our special link to visit NEON’s virtual cinema platform, where your one-time purchase will give you access to your virtual ticket to view the film.
2. To ensure that you are able to pause and revisit the film within your rental period, you will be required to create a free account.
3. After you have created an account and entered your payment information, your rental period will start immediately and last for 72 hours. You can view the film via the link in the receipt sent to your email, or simply click “Watch Film” when the confirmation page appears directly after purchase.
4. You will be able to easily watch the film at any time within this period on any of the following platforms: SMART TV (using the browser on your Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku or Chromecast), MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android), COMPUTER (by clicking on the link in your email receipt)
Discussion with the Filmmaker
LeVar Burton from Atlas Obscura moderated a conversation about Spaceship Earth with Matt Wolf, the director, and Mark Nelson and Linda Leigh, two of the film subjects, about the film and their experience embarking on this revolutionary experiment to change the world. Watch the interview on Facebook
About Bud's Watch Party
During this time while we're staying safer at home, Bud Werner Memorial Library is organizing special opportunities to share some of the newest documentaries you might have seen in Library Hall. Instead, we're watching them online this spring, virtually together at home. The library hopes that you'll enjoy watching these thoughtful films, then come together for community conversations to share the experience and maybe even put our isolated heads together for some thought-provoking brainstorming and solutions.