Mandala on the Yampa is presented by the Bud Werner Memorial Library.
Special thanks to our 2022 presenting partners, Perry-Mansfield, Strings Music Festival and Yampa River Botanic Park, for supporting these enriching programs with the monks out and about in our community.
- Thank you to artist Jill Bergman for designing our beautiful 2022 Community Sand Painting...the Steamboat Mandala.
- The Library's gratitude overflows for Emily and Luke Dudley and their shop Ohana, which will be hosting several of their legendary Ohana Live Print events to custom silk screen Jill's Steamboat Mandala design on t-shirts. The events will raise funds for the Library's Mandala on the Yampa residency.
- Thanks to The Buddhist Center of Steamboat Springs for their leadership in helping settle the community in for the monks' guided meditation at the gardens.
- Special thanks to Toni Quick at Perry-Mansfield who has been the most gracious host and logistical coordinator.
- Gratitude goes out to Linda, Annie and Kate Kakela; Catherine Lykken; and Molly McClure, for thoughtful contributions to this residency in memory of Lama Konchog.
- Thank you Anonymous Donor for your generous financial support!
- Cabin hosts, thank you and your teams of family and friends for volunteering your time, possessions and creativity to transform 9 small, rustic cabins at Perry-Mansfield into cozy dwellings that offer our visiting monks comfort, joy, and a sense of peace and tranquility in Steamboat: Cindy Boscoe, Jennifer Grathwohl, Barbara McNary, Elisabeth Mullen, Pam Rolfes, Jenny Shea, Tara Stroman, Julie Tucek, Gigi Walker, Johnny Walker and Cindy Wither.
- Cooks, thank you and your lovely assistant family and friends for treating our guests all week long to your beautiful food! Big gratitude for delicious meals from Chef John Garrison at Perry-Mansfield, Bar-U-Eat, Bud Werner Library Staff, Amber Grace, Sarah Hansen, Mary Lester, Rich Lay, Janessa Lomas, Ken Macias, Jane McComb, the McKae Family, Erica Olson, Sugar Creek Farm, Julie Tucek, Edith Weiss Ann Ross.
- Community sand painting takes a village of artists, and we're grateful to our lead artists for your guidance at the Steamboat Mandala: Pam Chewning, Carina Creamer, Angie Gamble, Sarah Hansen, Jennifer Haskett, Merry Lester, Alena Rossi, Shea Rossi, Jenny Gabriel Shea, Jenny Shea, Iris Shunia, Dona Steele, Beth Wendler
- Off the Beaten Path, the monks thank you for keeping them caffeinated with tea lattes.
- Noodles & More Saigon Cafe, thank you for honoring the monks with a delicious dinner and a night on the town.
- Thanks to Rich Lay for designing, building and maintaining our Community Sand Painting table.
- Strawberry Park Hot Springs, thank you for sharing your healing waters and immense hospitality with the monks.
The Library extends its deepest gratitude for essential community assistance in bringing the Drepung Loseling monks to Steamboat Springs once again. If you are interested in supporting the 2022 Mandala on the Yampa residency with a financial contribution, please contact Adult Programs Coordinator Jennie Lay at email@example.com.