All community members are curious, connected and intellectually thriving.
Guiding Principles of our Institution
- Literacy and Learning - creating an environment that encourages and empowers others to improve themselves and increase their knowledge, sparks curiosity and supports individual growth to allow each person to realize their potential
- Service - commitment to making the library user-friendly, courteous and approachable, and measure all projects and plans in terms of service
- Intellectual Freedom – supporting freedom to access any content without censorship
- Access to Recorded Knowledge – providing access to recorded knowledge for the public
- Privacy - protecting the confidentiality of library users and their library uses
- Stewardship - preserving knowledge for future generations, developing and carrying out librarianship training that passes on core values, and building the trust of the communities served